The Basil Beer Crusta is a refreshing cocktail for the summer. The combination of Rum, grapefruit beer and basil gives the Basil Beer Crusta an extraordinary taste.
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. white rum
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. sugar syrup
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 6 basil leaves
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Schöfferhofer grapefruit beer
- Take about a tablespoon of sugar on a small plate. Rub a slice of grapefruit around the rim of the glass and then press the rim in sugar to sugar the rim.
- Pour ingredients, excluding the beer into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into prepared glass filled with ice.
- Fill the rest with Schöfferhofer grapefruit beer.
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit.
Schöfferhofer is a German beer brand. The Hofbierbrauerei Schöfferhof was a brewery based in Mainz, Germany. In 1921, however, the Schöfferhof brewery merged with the Binding breweries and the Frankfurt Bürgerbrauerei to form Schöfferhof-Binding-Bürgerbräu AG. Today Schöfferhofer is a brand of the Binding Brewery and therefore part of the Radeberger Group.
- Bacardi white rum | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Schöfferhofer Grapefruit Beer | USA | UK | Germany
- Cane sugar syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*