An Aqua Velva is a cocktail made with Vodka, Gin, Blue Curaçao and lemonade. The Curaçao gives the drink the colour of Ice Blue Aqua Velva aftershave, which was advertised with the slogan that it “gives your skin a drink.”
- 37,5 ml/ 1¼ oz. Vodka
- 37,5ml / 1¼ oz. Gin
- 22,5 ml/ ¾ oz. Blue Curaçao
- Shake the 3 spirits with ice.
- Strain into ice-filled glass.
- Top with lemonade (Sprite or 7-Up)
In the 2007 film Zodiac, the cocktail is depicted as author Robert Graysmith’s favored drink.
- Smirnoff vodka | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Tanqueray Gin | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Blue Curaçao liqueur | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Sprite lemonade | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*