The Algonquin cocktail is one of several classic cocktails served in New York City`s Algonquin Hotel in the 1930s. Its true origins were lost in time. The drink is probably the first cocktail to combine rye whiskey with pineapple juice.
- 45 ml/ 1½ oz. Rye Whiskey
- 22,5 ml/ ¾ oz. Martini Bianco vermouth
- 22,5 ml/ ¾ oz. pineapple juice
- 1 dash Peychaud`s bitters
- Add all ingredients into shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge and a marschino cherry.
- Rye Whiskey | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Martini vermouth | USA | UK* | Germany
- Peychaud`s bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*