In August 2019 I was in Albania. I took the ferry from Corfu in Greece to the port of Sarandë in Albania. Arrived in Sarandë, the bartender Klajdi from the 21 Bar was already waiting for me. In the 21 Bar Klajdi showed me the production of two different cocktails. The first cocktail has the same name as the cocktail bar: 21 Bar Cocktail. The ingredients make the cocktail an unforgettable experience: vodka, Ursus and freshly sqeezed lime juice.
- lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake.
- Put a sugar rim on chilled glass.
- Garnish with lemon slice and orange twist.
- Cheers from 21 Bar in Albania!
Ursus or Ursus Vodka is a vodka of Icelandic origin that was made in Hoorn, Netherlands until 2006. The recipe was developed by a traditional Icelandic distiller family in the early twentieth century. Since 1995 it was distilled and bottled in the Netherlands. In 2004 the brand Ursus was taken over by Diageo, where it is produced today.