The New York Sour cocktail updates the Whiskey Sour recipe (whiskey, lemon, sugar, egg white) with a float of dry red wine. The red wine at the end puts the top on the cocktail.
- 60 ml/ 3 oz. Rye Whiskey
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 22,5 ml/ ¾ oz. simple syrup
- few drops of egg white
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. Shiraz red wine
- Pour the whiskey, syrup, lemon juice and egg white into shaker with ice cubes
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into chilled rocks glass filled with ice.
- Slowly pour the red wine over the back of a bar spoon so that the wine floats on top of the drink.
- Rye Whiskey | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Sugar syrup | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Shiraz red wine | USA | UK | Germany
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*