The Margarita is a cocktail based on Tequila (his original name was Tequila Daisy). The short drink varies the classic basic structure of a sour (spirit + citrus juice + sugar) by replacing the sugar (syrup) with Cointreau, an orange liqueur. In the course of the spread of Tequila as a mixed spirit, the Margarita also became popular worldwide in the second half of the 20th century and, along with Tequila Sunrise, is one of the internationally best-known Tequila drinks.
- 50 ml/ 1 ⅔ oz. Tequila
- 20 ml/ ⅔ oz. Cointreau orange liqueur
- 15 ml/ ½ oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- Put a sugar rim on your glass.
- Pour all ingredients into shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into cocktail glass rimmed with sugar.
- Sierra Tequila Silver | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Cointreau orange liqueur | USA * | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA * | UK* | Germany*