A Grasshopper is a sweet, mint-flavored, after-dinner drink. The name of the drink derives from its green color, which comes from the crème de menthe. The history said, that a bar in New Orleans (USA), claims the drink was invented in 1918 by the owner oft he bar. The drink became popularity during the 1950s and 1960s throughout the American South.
- 30 ml / 1 oz. crème de menthe (green)
- 30 ml / 1 oz. crème de cacau (white)
- 30 ml / 1 oz. cream
- Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake briskly.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
A typical Grasshopper cocktail consists of equal parts green crème de menthe, white crème de cacau and cream, shaken with ice and strained into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Crème de menthe (green) | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Crème de cacau (white) | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses| USA* | UK* | Germany*