The Diplomat Cocktail is relatively weak in alcohol and it was a popular drink in the French Diplomatic Service. If it is the trouth or not, but rumour has it that diplomats were able to sip on these and still keep their wits about them!
- 60 ml/ 2 oz. Vermouth dry
- 30 ml/ 1 oz. Vermouth rosso
- 5 ml/ ⅙ oz. maraschino liqueur
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Stir all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into cocktail glass with ice.
- Garnish with an orange zest twist.
The taste of the Diplomat Cocktail is wonderful aromatic and dry. More of an aperitif than a digestif.
- Martini Dry | USA | UK* | Germany
- Martini Rosso | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Maraschino liqueur | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Orange bitters |USA*| UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*