The Corn & Oil is an alcoholic cocktail created in Barbados, arguably referencing the dark “oil” like qualities of well aged rum. The addition of “Falernum”, another Barbadian created ingredient, adds a unique spice and lime note, lightly sweetening the cocktail. While the origins of its name are largely unknown, it is making a resurgence in modern cocktail culture.
- 60 ml / 2 oz. gold rum
- 15 ml/ ½ oz Velvet Falernum
- 2 – 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Stir the ingredients together in a mixing glass with ice.
- Strain into an old fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Squeeze in and garnish with a quarter of lime.
- Bacard Carta Negra rum | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Falernum | USA | UK* | Germany*
- Angostura bitters | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*