The Kamikaze cocktail is a strong cocktail that is served both in the cocktail glass or as a shortdrink. It consists of one third each of vodka, Triple Sec. and lime juice, the ingredients are mixed either with or without crushed ice. Ice cubes and a lime wedge can also be added. Different mixing ratios are possible as variations, for example by using more vodka and less lime juice.
- 1 part vodka
- 1 part Triple Sec.
- 1 part lime juice
- Fill your glass half with ice.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
The International Bartenders Association officially lists the cocktail as New Era Drinks. The Kamikaze cocktail owes its name to its effect, which is compared to the strength of Japanese kamikaze special forces.
- Smirnoff vodka | USA* | UK* | Germany*
- Triple Sec. liqueur | USA | UK*| Germany*
- Glasses | USA* | UK* | Germany*